Thursday, December 29, 2011

Project DIY: New Year's Eve Hairclip

Hello there! My name's Sam and I'm from a little blog called My Latest Obsession. I have an obsession with making pretty things and just bought a bottle of gold glitter that I needed to put to good use! So what better to make than a glitter star hairclip?! It's really easy and super cute, a perfect little accessory to add a little magic to your outfit!

What You Need:

Cardstock paper
Glitter (color of your choice)
Mod Podge (glue that dries clear)
Hairclip
Glue Gun & Glue Sticks

Instructions:


Cut out a star from your cardstock, about 2-3" from point to point. Then apply glue on the star and coat with glitter. Let dry.


After your first coat of glue and glitter is dry, add another coat of glue and glitter. When that dries, add one last coat of glue to seal the glitter so it won't fall off. Let dry.

For the last step, use a hot glue gun to attach a hairclip to the star. And voila! A glitter star hairclip!


I wish I could wear this everyday! It makes me feel kind of fanciful, but doesn't overdo it with the glitz and glam.

--Sam
My Latest Obsession



If you would like to submit your own DIY project, please see our Ruche Blogger Family for details!

Pin It

No comments: